*For questions or more information about signing up, see our FAQ/notes section at the bottom of this page.
Serving The Arts Rewards!
We want our volunteers to gain valuable skills, get involved with the arts, and feel like they are part of the family. Each volunteer is a STAR, because no matter how you choose to support the arts, it's rewarding for everyone.
We know how valuable time is which is why our STAR's can get rewards of their own when they give their time. If discounted or free tickets to a show, MAC Merch (coming soon!), or first access to certain events like Wrap It Up sounds enticing, it's time to sign up! There are all kinds of perks that will vary, based on the volunteering opportunity.
Volunteering at MAC
Whether you've volunteered in the past, you're required to complete so many volunteering hours, you're interested in the arts, would like to develop some skills, or would like to be part of our awesome family, there are many ways you can get involved.
Here are just a few:
Join a committee (theatre, gallery, Birdhouse, MACademy Youth Theatre, Salon Concerts, etc.).
Volunteer as an usher, doing box office sales, or be a house manager for performances.
Help with a theatre production making costumes, building sets, painting, running lights (we train you), stage managing, or - of course - acting.
Gallery exhibit set-up, hosting the exhibit, and tear-down.
Special and annual events like Wrap It Up.
Help with building maintenance, and cosmetic enhancements inside and out.
Become a Friend of the MAC.
Volunteer needs are ever evolving, so check back here for current opportunities. Don't see the position you want, give us a call, and we can see how to make it happen. If you want to contribute in a specific way, we LOVE hearing ideas and getting creative. We work in the arts after all!
No experience is needed (*for most roles) as we are happy to teach you, and each of these roles can help you develop your own personal & professional growth!
Join Our Volunteer List
If you'd like to be added to our volunteer list, Sign up HERE.
Come join this ALLSTARfamily!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need to have a Member ID to sign up for a volunteer position? - Short answer, NO. We will be utilizing our volunteer membership next season, so everyone can access their rewards online. If you would like to sign up early, you can do that HERE.
2. When selecting how many spots I would like to reserve, I see a $0.00 dollar amount next to the quantity. Does it cost money to volunteer? - NO. Because we are using our current ticketing provider for our volunteer sign up's, the pricing will be listed there no matter what.
3. How do I sign up for multiple volunteer spots for different activities? - If you are signing up for multiple activities, dates, or positions, you will need to complete your first reservation first. At the confirmation screen, you will be asked if you would like to reserve another; this will take you back to the beginning. *Pro tip - once you're on the checkout section and have reserved your first spot, you can click on the Schedule section to go back and pick another.
4. What happens if I need to reschedule or cancel? - A link to reschedule or cancel is including in the confirmation email you received, Or you can contact Ben or Kendra at the MAC.
5. Why am I unable to add another volunteer spot to my reservation for the same position and date? - There is a limited number of volunteers needed for that spot, specific roles are set to auto select one, or someone else may have already signed up.
A Note from the Author
We are using our current ticketing software Peek, for volunteer sign up's. We are striving to deliver a more consistent process, look and feel, and ease of use across our platforms. If have additional questions, reach out to MAC staff.