One of CSPA’s driving missions is to provide access to the highest quality education available. Our CSPA scholarships help make this possible for many families.
We offer scholarships for students whose household meet the federal qualifications for free or reduced lunch. Please contact MAC at 785-537-4420 for more information when registering.
To apply for a scholarship please contact Manhattan Arts Center at 785-537-4420, M-F 12-5:30
CSPA Scholarship Policies
- Scholarships are offered at these percentages: 60% of tuition for Free Lunch, 35% of tuition for Reduced Lunch, as long as funds are available.
- Deadline for the maximum scholarship in your qualifying category is Wednesday, Sep 7 for Fall 2022 registration; and, Friday, January 6 for Spring 2023 registration. After these dates we cannot guarantee maximum scholarships.
- The award is for a percentage discount off tuition.
- The student’s family is responsible for paying the balance of the tuition at the time of enrollment (families also have the option of making a partial payment of $100 at enrollment with the balance paid after the first month of lessons/class. You will be asked to keep a credit card on file in the Active Registration system).
- The award is for the academic year (i.e. fall and spring semesters).
- We cannot guarantee scholarship funds will be available in summer or available at the same rate, ask when you register for summer lessons.
- Scholarships may not be awarded with less than 4 weeks remaining in the semester.
- Acceptance of a scholarship creates an obligation on the part of the student and the parent. Lessons/classes must be attended regularly and an appropriate amount of effort should be evident.
- We reserve the right to withdraw the award if the student has an unexcused absence for 2 consecutive lessons/classes or 20% of lessons/classes.
- Only 30-minute and 45-minute lessons are eligible for scholarships depending on the availability of funds. Students may enroll in 60-minute lessons but must pay the difference in tuition from a 45-minute lesson.
- Full award amount is offered on the student’s first enrollment each semester. Additional enrollments will be awarded at a maximum of 25% scholarship. (For example: Your enrollment for private violin lessons would be at 60% scholarship and your enrollment for piano lessons would be at 25% scholarship.)
- Eligible CSPA sessions include: private lessons, classes, workshops, and camps
- Awards are not automatically renewed from one year to the next.
- Recipients of scholarships must inform the office of any changes which might affect eligibility or continuation of financial assistance.
- Please speak with the Manhattan Arts Center staff about concerns or questions.