Welcome to 2022 CSPA Young Artist String Competition!
The Community School for the Performing Arts announces their CSPA Young Artist String Competition for pre-college students (Age 5-18). The competition seeks to develop the performance capabilities of young string students, strengthen their commitment to string studies, and provide an important learning and development experience. This is the second year of the competition!
Competition Date & Time:
Saturday, December 17, 2022 10 AM
Registration deadline: December 9, 2022
For assistance or additional information, contact Yi-Miao Huang at firstname.lastname@example.org
All students (Violin, Viola, Cello and Bass) up to 18 years.
Participants will be grouped according to their age on the date of the competition:
- Elementary: up to 9
- Junior: ages 10-14
- Senior: ages 15-18
- First Place Honor (Certificate + $50 cash award)
- Second Place Honor (Certificate)
- Third Place Honor (Certificate)
- Honorable Mention (Certificate)
No entry fee required
One solo composition. Individual movements or sets of movements from a larger work may be used. To be eligible for a prize, all music must be memorized with the exception of sonatas or collaborative works with accompaniment.
- Total playing time is five (5) minutes. There is no minimum time requirement. Contestants will be stopped after five (5) minutes playing time.
- Results of the competition will be announced to the contestants shortly after the competition ends. Winners who are unable to be present at the conclusion of the competition will be phoned and an email will be distributed to all contestants as soon as possible after the conclusion of the competition.
- Each contestant will receive the judge’s written comments and evaluation at the conclusion of the competition.
- Piano accompaniment is required. Contestants are urged to provide their own accompanists, but we will furnish an accompanist for a fee. Accompanist fee covers a 15-minute scheduled rehearsal and performance time(s). Additional requests and fees are at the discretion of the accompanist. (Piano Accompanist: Dr. SongHwa Chae; $20/person)
- The judge’s decision will be final.
- By participating in the 2022 CSPA Youth Artist String Competition, participants agree to forfeit the right for any financial remuneration regarding eventual publication and/or distribution of music video recordings on CD and DVD publications and the internet. Participants also agree to allow the CSPA Youth Artist Strings Competition to use photos or images taken from the competition.
Schedule of Events
|Saturday, December 17, 2022|
|9:00 AM||Check-in at the entrance of Kirmser Hall in McCain at KSU. Warm up rooms will be assigned.|
|10:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Competition in Kirmser Hall|
|12:30 PM||Result Announcement|